Thursday 10 November 2011

Questionnaire

To develop my research and make positive changes to my initial magazine ideas, I created a questionnaire that would give me a rough idea of what my target audience want. This questionnaire had to include things such as house style's, fonts and potential magazine names.

 This questionnaire is aimed at young people ages 15 and up as this is my target audience and the people I want my magazine to appeal to. My questionnaire goes deeper and challenges my target audience as to what they want featured in the magazine and this is what my questionnaire looks like:

 
Feedback received from the questionnaire's I handed out was that the name Emblem was preferred to every other name on the list and this is the name I will be sticking with. I decided on names beginning only with 'E' and some that didn't begin with 'E'. This is because of the style of a rapper named 'Eminem' I saw whilst carrying out my research.


The next question being what font style did you most prefer, to my surprise a more simplistic font style was chosen by my target audience which was Font 3 and Font 6. This is something I will definitely consider including in my final product.

The third question was about colour schemes and the one that my target audience found most appealing was the first one which consisted of the colours black, red and yellow. I will be using these colours in my final product because its what they find most appealing. I will have to put some of my own preferences aside and focus mostly on what my target audience want.

The fourth question went a little deeper and asked a range of people from all ages what age group they thought I should aim my magazine at. This question at the time was dreamt up at a stage where I didn't know who I wanted my target audience to be but the feedback given showed me that people between the age of 16 and 21 would benefit most from a magazine of this genre.

The fifth and final question was somewhat different from the others. This question asked whether or not people thought that this magazine should have a specific subject, for example, dance or fashion. In the end the feedback given made me realise that this magazine should solely be about music.


No comments:

Post a Comment