Thursday 10 November 2011

Research - Double Page Spread

Different to the Preliminary Task I had to create a double page spread on a featured artist and to do this had to do some primary research into the codes and conventions of double page spreads and what methods they use to appeal to a reader more than any other page.

With Hip-Hop double page spreads in particular, a striking image is key and is something that draws the attention of their target audience. A typical convention of this also is a catchy title and an interesting interview.

If I was going to create a good, interesting double page spread, I was going to have to incorporate all of these things into my final product and began drawing up some drafts which I thought conformed to the codes and conventions of a double page spread. As I had no experience in creating a double page spread I thought it best that my product conformed to an existing media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment